Coronavirus Extravaganza!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus Extravaganza!

How you all doing in your 21st century mini-plague experience? Washing your hands? Wiping your bums? In that order?

This sucks. This is hell for my anxiety.

Comment

Today's my last day in the office until who knows when. It really sucks because we're in the middle of a big project and I can't take data off the secure server to analyze it at home. Trying to get as much done as possible. :/

Comment

This has really fucked with my mind ya'll.

my family and I are doing a shelter in place even though we haven't been ordered to here in KY yet. I'm just worried about that necessary Wal mart trip the other day even though I took extreme precautions. I mean. Ya gotta eat right? I also didn't have a lot of cookware so I bought a wok and a skillet. Sanitized the hell of them before using.

Comment

Yep, definitely not enjoying it. Reducing my hours by 40%, but so far keeping my job and working from home. Seattle is pretty crazy. Going on lockdown, finally.

Comment

• ally
            ally commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a trip, right? It was crazy taking link to work in the early days of this after Amazon sent everyone home.

It's indescribable how bad this is for my mental health.
          He fixes the cable?

Comment

Same here Jason.

same here.

Comment

I work as a dispatcher at a 911 center, so I have work. Though it also makes me the most exposed. As things have gotten more serious, so has my mindset. I'm not panicking, but I am starting to put gloves on at the gas station, wear masks if I go to the grocery store, etc.....at work, constantly using hand sanitizer and making sure to wipe down our work stations.

My kids aren't playing with other kids anymore, and theirs aren't with ours either. Parks closed. Everything except essential places closed. School closed, about to start remote learning.

So school closed for the rest of the school year, but I really wonder if it will open back up in the fall. I also wonder about the trajectory of this whole thing. If it goes away, will it come back? When it comes back, will it be in another form, rendering a current vaccine useless? Will this become a regular, periodic thing where we just have to shut down? Adapt? Is this just the era we are in now? If so, wearing gloves, masks, maybe even goggles or some sort of eye covering could become a norm. Fashion could even pick up on it. Cyber-punk, here we come.

Comment

Yeah those are good questions, Belteshazzar. I don't know if they know yet. It feels like everything will never be the same, though, somehow.

It's funny, growing up I thought 9-11 was the big crisis of our lives (for Americans at least). But this is already so many dozens of times worse, just from a humanitarian perspective, much less economically. It makes it seem so comparatively insignificant now...

Comment

I feel like 9/11 had the instantaneous, wake the F up shock value that shook everyone. On the other hand, though this is a slow burn, it's an agonizing one and people are certainly waking up to the lessons that must be learned from this. How important it is to be prepared for such situations, financially and otherwise. How the government was totally unprepared. How something like this can bring a nation's economy to its knees. How fragile it all really is. A house of cards, really, waiting for the wind to blow. One virus has killed more and done more economic damage than the most infamous act of terrorism. It's sobering.

Comment

SOOOO.......what did you guys do with your government checks???

Comment

Bought a new iPhone so far.

nothing else yet.

Comment

I have a very good friend who is living in his real estate in San Remo, Italy here and situation there is improving a lot. They finally can travel within a country, go out and do sports, meet relatives and friends. I mean virus is not going to disappear and we will have to leave with it being around us.
                        Last edited by Basior; 06-10-2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

nothing even on he gen board.....
                          the fuck is this new world...'

where the fuck is anyone with dan as a root in their identity?

Comment

Working...
                          X