Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whelp, it's quiet here again.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Whelp, it's quiet here again.

    Back in the day I'd check in to Blamo about every hour or two, it was really compulsive. Since the boards went kaput I started visiting Reddit a lot and I guess mobile games have taken over my life too. I'm a Reddit mod and am in a French* gaming group for Lords Mobile.

    *Long story, but I started socializing with some French Belgians. Thank god for auto-translate in the game, but discord vocal is tough!

    What's occupying your online/mobile time these days?

    #2
    Yeah, I would love this place to pick up some steam. After Blamo was shut down I started talking to my closest blamo friends on fb/ IG and FB messenger.

    I miss Blamo , but more so the time of my life when I was always on here. I love my life now, but I miss being young sometimes. Most of the time I wish I could go back with the knowledge I have now and do some things differently.

    Comment


      #3

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by cigar store indian View Post

        I miss Blamo , but more so the time of my life when I was always on here. I love my life now, but I miss being young sometimes. Most of the time I wish I could go back with the knowledge I have now and do some things differently.
        Yeah, this. I miss college, I miss my summers on the other side of the country, I miss weighing 20 lbs less, etc. I think 2005 was a great year for me in particular but I'm doing pretty well for myself now. Cute cat, cute bf, nice-ish apartment, disposable income, good job title, etc. I feel like I had so many missed opportunities though, I had a ton of people IRL and on here that I talked to and I took all of those friendships for granted. Now I just mostly talk to my cat, I don't even know how to text people anymore. D:

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cheryl K View Post
          Back in the day I'd check in to Blamo about every hour or two, it was really compulsive.
          Oh, all the time. Blamo and Livejournal. all day. reloading.

          I am in some group chats with some old blamos. Tbh, if it wasn't for those chats, I would have deleted FB long time ago.

          He fixes the cable?

          Comment


            #6
            I like this (messageboard) format better than like FB groups and stuff. It's easier to manage/read. I, too, remember reloading all the time just to see what was happening.

            Now, when I'm online, like 80% of the time I'm researching/looking something up. The other 20% are just timewasters like FB and Tumblr.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by cigar store indian View Post
              I miss Blamo , but more so the time of my life when I was always on here.
              This so hard. Such nostalgia!

              Comment


                #8
                Reddit. So much Reddit. Well, it and Facebook.

                Glad to see this place back. Really good,

                Comment


                  #9
                  We'll never have our more youthful days back in this lifetime, but we can bring an active blamo back if we try.

                  Check daily. Post daily. Be conversational. Don't be shy. It might feel like an effort at first but after awhile it will be natural. Just like what a creepy uncle may have once said.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Okay I know I haven't taken my own advice but come on, people!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I thought I had more time on my hands... I guess I don't actually!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I would expect that because of people are staying at home that this forum would be more active.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X