• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pointyjess
    commented on 's reply
    Omg!! Thanks Eddie!! Report back!

• eddiebrock
    replied
    The next two lines were revealed by Kevin Moyer here on addy back in 2011, apparently Elliott did another radio show around the same time and performed the song again but STILL did not finish the whole thing (lol)
    I have to dig into the addy archives

Leave a comment:

• pointyjess
    commented on 's reply
    Like, let’s figure out what the most probable lyrics are, if we are not able to determine the definite lyrics.

• charlie
    replied
    Like finish writing is song or finding lyrics?

Leave a comment:

• pointyjess
    replied
    Also, doesn’t he write down his songs? So this one is written down somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• solveig
    replied
    *wow, an elliott thread*

:O

Leave a comment:

• pointyjess
    replied
    *lights the keen guy/Charlie/bumbletort/some dude signal*

Leave a comment:

• The First New Addy Project: Let’s Finish Misery Let Me Down

I love that song so much. I’m sad that we only have part of it. However. We are the Elliott Smithiest minds the internet has to offer. We are also smart af. We have people who understand rhyming scheme and rhythm and patterns. We have linguists. We have people who know every time Elliott ever used a certain turn of phrase.

Idk if we will piece it together like the Rosetta Stone, based on what we know of his body of work.

Idk if we will be like those funny AI who spit out new paint colors or Harry Potter chapters (that probably aren’t real, but are very funny) and finish it from there.

Idk if we will just very heartfeltly do our best with what we have because we love Elliott so much.

Maybe the whole thing is on some obscure live recording that everyone but me knows about because I’ve been away so long.

But I LOVE. THIS. SONG. Could we make it whole? Could we make it Elliott’s?
Working...
X