No announcement yet.

Clearly the hairstyle was not deemed wrong when it was included in the match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly the hairstyle was not deemed wrong when it was included in the match

Clearly the New Horizons Items hairstyle was not deemed wrong when it was included in the match, therefore deciding to punish a player for not holding to obsolete workplace standards in a game seems completely irrelevant.A balanced perspective of cultural appropriation demands nuance. Nuance requires context. The internet rewards lack of context and virtue signaling. Additional to this, the impersonal nature of internet communication (even visually presented in movie, for example) means our normal human tendency to assume that the worst in others can spiral / snowball.

I was from the Twitter animal crossing community around this time this occurred. I remember reading a enormous twitter thread"exposing" Fifi of being a problematic animal crossing player, changing usernames constantly after being prohibited, and screenshots along with testimonies of racist and other problematic behavior. If I recall correctly, minimal evaluation was required to prove that the entire thread was a lie and also proof was made to fuel the mob against her. The new pack of hairs introduced to the game were meant for cultural inclusion for AC fans, imo. I think the buns seem like afro puffs rather than space buns, but a hate mob was not necessary. I essentially unfollowed all animal crossing accounts and assessed out of Twitter for a little while out of this. Too much drama for such a very simple and wholesome game.

The thing I find particularly buy Animal Crossing Items odd about this whole thing is that people appear to think that it matters what the in game hair model is assumed to be.

Working...
X